CSM® Certification Training Course
Scrum, an Agile framework has been picking up momentum in creating innovation and improving productivity across organizations. A high-performing Scrum team always contributes to the success of an Agile project and the Scrum Master is the main person responsible for steering the project in the right direction. The Certified Scrum Master course boosts your confidence in implementing the Scrum framework effectively in organizations.
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) Certification
Scrum training and certification fulfils the vision of the Agile manifesto by fostering greater collaboration, productivity, and success among team members. Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) certification is a globally accepted Scrum certification offered by Scrum Alliance to professionals who clear the CSM certification exam.
A Certified ScrumMaster® helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project’s overall success. CSMs understand Scrum values, practices, and applications and provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. CSMs act as “servant leaders,” helping the rest of the Scrum team work together and learn the Scrum framework. CSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions.
By the end of this program, participants will learn:
- The importance of having team values
- The Scrum framework
- The situations where using Scrum methodology is appropriate and beneficial
- How to create a product vision statement
- How to create product roadmap
- The functionality of key meetings in Scrum
- How to track team progress
- Utilize the collective intelligence of the class participants to brainstorm creative solutions to complex problems
- A software engineer,
- A mechanical engineer,
- A manager,
- A publisher,
- A wedding planner,
- An event manager,
- An experienced ScrumMaster,
- A going to be ScrumMaster
- A stake holder
- A CXO etc.
- Exam Format: 35 Multiple Choice questions
- Exam Duration: 60 Minutes
- Exam needs to be taken within 90 days from the training completion date
- Exam will be conducted online
- Pass Mark: Need to get 24 or more correct answers out of 35 questions
- Empirical Process
- What is Empirical Process and Defined Process?
- Why Software Development is hard and complex?
- Agile Values and Principles
- Introduction to Agile Manifesto
- 12 Agile Principles
- Scrum Framework
- Introduction to Scrum Framework
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Artifacts
- Scrum Ceremonies
- Getting Started with Scrum
- How to go about implementing Scrum?
- What is the impact on Organization Structure and policies?
- Scrum Roles
- Product Owner’s responsibilities
- Scrum Master’s responsibilities
- Development Team’s responsibilities
- What is the role of other organization roles in Scrum?
- Where does the Project Manager fit?
- Product Backlog
- Characteristics of a Product Backlog
- Grooming Product Backlog
- Estimating Product Backlog
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Scrum in Action: Simulation
- Introduction to Class Project
- What is the Definition of Done and how a bad DoD can affect NPS?
- Discuss how the product evolves during the Sprint.
- Discuss the ceremonies and activities during the Sprint.
- Conduct Sprint Planning, Execute a couple of Sprints, DSMs, Sprint.
- Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Agile Estimation and Planning
- What is involved in Release Planning?
- Release Planning activities. Velocity.
- Scaling Scrum
- Briefly discuss how to scale Scrum
- Discuss a case study.
Basic familiarity with IT and IT frameworks (Agile, Lean, ITSM) is recommended.
Agile is fast taking over software development projects due to its myriad advantages over the traditional methods. In such scenarios, organizations are keen to embrace practices that will smoothen their adoption of Agile. DevOps is one such framework with strong liaisons with Agile and Lean that ensures numerous technical and business benefits that ultimately leads to the delivery of good quality end-products. The DevOps certification scheme is aimed at individuals and organizations seeking a fundamental and common understanding of DevOps principles. These might include employees, managers, stakeholders, and suppliers who are leading or contributing to an organization’s DevOps initiatives. Consultants who are guiding their clients through DevOps programs will also benefit greatly from DevOps certification.
DevOps certifications are offered by The DevOps Institute (DOI), which brings enterprise-level DevOps training and certification to the IT market. This is the first level of the 3 DevOps Certification scheme, and more advanced levels include the Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM®) and the Certified Agile Process Owner (CAPO®).